There are two main methods used for carpet cleaning.
- Hot Water Extraction– Also known as steam cleaning. A pre-treatment is applied to the carpet to loosen and suspend the soils, it is then sprayed with very hot water and extracted with a powerful truck mounted vacuum. This is the method recommended by most carpet manufacturers and we feel that it is by far the best method for residential carpet.
- Dry or Low moisture– Also called encapsulation cleaning. A pre-treatment is applied to the carpet to loosen and suspend the soils, It is then brushed into the carpet with a rotating brush or pad machine. You may ask where all the soil goes? Don’t you take it with you? Well, the idea is that the chemicals bond with the soils while it’s wet and crystallizes when it dries. The remaining dirty crystals are vacuumed up later by the homeowner. While it does work to some extent and we do offer it, we feel it’s better suited for lightly soiled carpet and commercial carpet it certain types of businesses.
Not all carpet cleaners are the same, here are a few tips when choosing one.
- They should be certified by the IICRC.
- A truck mounted hot water extraction machine should be used whenever possible.
- Avoid harsh chemicals. Many of today’s “Green” alternatives are very effective if used properly.
- Check online reviews and references.
- Look for a company that offers a real money back guarantee.
GreenFreaks Carpet Cleaning
Please follow and like us: